Clarence Valley Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Clarence Valley?
Clarence Valley Tourism
Tourist Attractions in the Clarence Valley Region of New South Wales, Australia
The Clarence Valley region in New South Wales, Australia, is a popular tourist destination due to its stunning natural beauty, fascinating history, and vibrant culture. There is something for everyone in this region, from exploring national parks and waterfalls to touring museums and art galleries. In this article, we will categorize, list, and positively describe some of the best tourist attractions in and around the Clarence Valley region.
1. Dorrigo National Park - This national park is a nature lover's paradise, with stunning waterfalls, lush rainforests, and beautiful walking trails. Visitors can take a guided tour or explore on their own to see the park's many highlights, including the Crystal Shower Falls and the Skywalk lookout.
2. Yuraygir National Park - Yuraygir National Park boasts some of the most beautiful coastline in Australia, with pristine beaches and sparkling blue waters. Visitors can swim, surf, or snorkel in the ocean or hike through the park's many walking trails to see wildlife such as kangaroos and echidnas.
3. Nymboida National Park - Nymboida National Park is best known for its whitewater rafting opportunities, with rapids ranging from grade 1 to 5. Visitors can also hike through the park's rainforests and see native plants and animals such as the giant barred frog and the platypus.
1. Grafton Regional Gallery - The Grafton Regional Gallery is a must-visit for art lovers, with a collection of over 1500 artworks from both established and emerging artists. The gallery also hosts regular exhibitions and workshops for visitors to enjoy.
2. Schaeffer House Museum - The Schaeffer House Museum is a fascinating glimpse into the history of Grafton and the Clarence Valley region. Visitors can see artifacts and exhibits from the area's early days, including furniture, clothing, and photographs.
3. Yamba Museum - The Yamba Museum showcases the rich history of the town and the surrounding area, with exhibits on the local fishing industry, shipwrecks, and Aboriginal culture. Visitors can also see displays on early European settlement and the growth of tourism in the area.
1. The Big Banana - The Big Banana is a fun-filled attraction for families, with rides, water parks, and food outlets. Visitors can also learn about the history of the banana industry in the region and see the world's largest banana-shaped building.
2. The Macadamia Castle - The Macadamia Castle is a family-friendly attraction that offers animal encounters, mini-golf, and train rides. Visitors can see native animals such as kangaroos and koalas and learn about sustainable farming practices.
3. The Grafton Jacaranda Festival - The Grafton Jacaranda Festival is a world-famous event that takes place every November, where the town becomes a sea of purple as the trees come into bloom. Visitors can enjoy live music, street parades, and fireworks over the Clarence River.
These are just a few of the many tourist attractions in and around the Clarence Valley region. Visitors can also explore the region's many wineries, attend a live theatre performance, or take part in adventure activities such as kayaking and rock climbing. For more information on these and other tourist attractions in the Clarence Valley, contact the Clarence Valley Visitor Information Centre on 1800 642 480.
Clarence Valley Tourism Articles